Membership may be in one of the following categories:
- Regular Fellow: represents individuals that passed the Philippine Hepatopancreatobiliary surgery boards, after completing the HPB subspecialty training.
- Associate fellow: offered to those members who are presently an HPB fellow trainee in the country
- Affiliate Surgeon: surgeons who completed HPB training abroad. Must be a certified General surgeon and must have a full and unrestricted license to practice surgery. Must have a letter of recommendation from a current member of the Board of Directors of PAHPBSI.
They may appeal for regular membership status after 2 years of good standing by completion of the following requirements:
- Refer to by laws
- At least (25) HPB cases within 2 years as prescribed by the training curriculum
- HPB board exam
- Letter of nomination from an active PAHPBSI fellow with good standing
- AFFILIATE allied Medical Professionals: Non surgeon Physician must have a current or previous certification from the appropriate certifying board. Non surgeons in active management of HPB cases but not limited to the following:
- Interventional Radiologists
- Medical Oncologist
- Radiologic Technologists
- Non-Medical Applicants: Patient advocate data managers, IT, or any institution, corporate partners interested to help PAHPBS promote its mision and mission
- Fees/Applications – To find out more about PAHPBS membership types and fees please click here